Saturday, November 12, 2011

Don't Miss Out on the Party!


Mentoring children of all ages is a most life-changing experience. God grows you through the process just as much as he does the child.


I confessed my need for a mentor this week to a friend. I need that someone in my life I can mull over those God ideas with. Someone who I know loves me unconditionally and won’t judge me when I mess up. I need someone in my life who can pray with me about earnestly seeking after God. Someone who won’t allow me to become stagnant. I was convicted of this as we read Word in KIDS club.

1 Chronicles 16:23 and following reminds of God’s greatness. If I really believe in God’s greatness why would I not seek after him intently? Sometimes it takes someone else to encourage us to continue learning, pondering, growing in love for our awesome God.

Can you be that someone in a child’s life? Someone who will not allow them to become satisfied with status quo. Can you create a lifestyle of praising God? Even the trees clap their hands in praise for God. (vs 33) Don’t miss out on the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment